Saturday, November 21, 2009

New neighbor coming



Not that anybody would tell me directly -- I'm just supposed to stumble across this one day, I guess -- but we have new neighbors coming next week. The house next door has been empty for a while. The backyard has become popular with the natives and their various floppy eared guests.
All that ends next week. The border collie sneaked a peak at the housemate email and learned that the new inhabitants will include a boxer.
No, not that kind of boxer.



This kind of boxer. Well, needless to say this doesn't make me very happy. I've heard all about how pushy those self-important boxers can be. Swaggering around like they own the place... My fur is up... Bring it!

5 comments:

  1. But they're so playful and friendly. Be not afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you're on guard, Riley T. To be as polite as possible on your very public blog, I guess you're concerned that this kind of boxer is known for being a bit "aromatic"? Especially when they're resting. And what happens if this guy decides to rest by your fence? Ah me, a guy can't catch a break, can he?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well? Did you get to enjoy Thanksgiving without having to worry about teaching the new neighbor to mind his side of the fence, Riley T? If you're lucky he may be from warmer parts and not want to stay outside much in your MN winters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sadly, faye, there have been Altercations.

    we are going to have to figure out how to coexist with the new boxer, who is huge and somewhat aggressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute blog!!!! I know your probably best buds with your new neighbors.

    ReplyDelete